Apply for Provider / Attendant
Deadline for application is December 2021.
Details are the following:
The Attendant/ Homemaker must be able to understand and carry out directions or instructions and to record notes and keep records. Persons will be selected who are able to accomplish the essential functions required for client care, and who are tolerant of others and who are interested in and sympathetic toward caring for the sick at home. Preference will be given to persons who have had successful work experience in caring for people in their homes. Must be at least eighteen years old and have access to transportation, and be competent to perform personal care and meet any T.D.H. regulations required.
- The Attendant / Homemaker will provide in-home care to aged or disabled persons. The care can include, but is not limited to: bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, helping client walk, positioning and transferring, toileting, preparing meals, housekeeping chores, accompanying or arranging for transportation to the doctor, grocery shopping, reminding the client to take medication, routine hair/skin care and laundry.
- Must perform all assigned tasks and activities during scheduled / authorized hours.
- Responsible for reporting any changes in the client’s condition to supervisor/ office immediately.
- Responsible for notifying the supervisor / office if for any reason client should leave their home i.e. vacation, hospitalization.
- Must correctly complete timesheets, sign and mail as instructed by supervisor / office
- Must maintain client confidentially.
- Must report to supervisor / office of absent from work for any reason.
- Accurate legible documentation on timesheets.
- Interacting with clients, household members and staff with courtesy and respect.
- Using proper body mechanics, physical maneuver clients as needed for care.
- Knowledgeable about safety practice, and calling for help when required.
The Attendant / Homemaker is responsible to the supervisor Day-to-Day communication will possibly occur with the Coordinator. The supervisor is responsible for intervention. Supervisor assigns all tasks and provides orientation.
Have a Different Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — (956) 542-1987